Volunteer in Morocco
Short Term Programs for 2014
For the short term programs accommodations, what is needed prior to arrival, payment schedule and cancellation policy remain the same as for the VIP Morocco 2 and 3 month programs.
Specific volunteer work may include :
Child care (available for one through four weeks):
- Children with special needs
- Children suffering from cancer
- Needy children
- Street children
Environment (available for two through four weeks)
- Cleaning schools
- Planting trees
Education (available for two through four weeks)
- Teaching languages (French and/or English)
- Computer science
Women's Issues (available for three or four weeks)
- Health Care Education
- Teaching English
- Social assistance
The orientation session includes valuable information such as learning how to bargain like a Moroccan, the manners and etiquette of Moroccan host families, and one session of Darija (Moroccan dialect).
2014 START DATES FOR SHORT TERM PROGRAMS:
Jan. 6, Jan. 20, Jan. 27, Feb.3, Feb. 10, Feb. 17, Feb. 24, March 3, March 10, March 17, March 24, March 31, April 7, April 14, April 21, April 28, May 5, May 12, May 19, May 26, June 2, June 9, June 16, June 23, June 30, July 7. Other dates are available on request except for holiday periods. Contact Thaqafat for details.
2014 Program Fees*
|With homestay||Without homestay|
|One week:||US$ 1045||US$ 935|
|Two week:||US$ 1170||US$ 945|
|Three week:||US$ 1295||US$ 960|
|Four week:||US$ 1420||US$ 970|
* Published prices remain subject to change in case of major currency fluctuations. Contact your sending office.
What is Included?
- Application processing, interview and pre-departure information via emails
- Placement and accompanied visit to community service project
- Orientation (one to two days depending on the duration of the program)
- Ongoing support by local volunteer coordinator
- Homestay (room and half board, breakfast and dinner) (if selected - see program options above)
- Volunteer work (from 1 to 4 weeks)
What isnot included?
- Medical and accident insurance
- Travel to and from Morocco
- Airport pick up upon arrival and back to airport at departure
- Room and board if homestay option is not selected
- Lunches during project placement
- Personal expenses